WristCam is a unique dual-camera bracelet for Apple Watch, developed in close collaboration with Apple.
WristCam transforms Apple Watches into photo and video recording devices and brings live video chat straight from the wrist. It can take selfies and panoramic shots in high definition, even underwater and is perfect for running, action and water sports, or just to capture moments as they happen; record it all in real-time to the Cloud or broadcast it lives to one, or to dozens of contacts.
- 15k units have been sold to date, mostly online by word of mouth
- Pro Surfer Noah Beschen uses his Wristcam + Apple Watch to capture amazing big waves and aerial content from around the world.
- The forthcoming feature film “Noah” brought to you by RVCA, WristCam, and Lost Surfboards will be premiering on the WSL tour later this year.
- NBA Master Trainer and Jordan Brand Ambassador Chris Johnson uses WristCam every day in the gym while he is training elite players such as LeBron James, Chris Paul, Jaren Jackson Jr and Candice Parker.
- The power of having live video and capture capabilities right from his Apple Watch in real time with WristCam is a game changer for Chris. There is no place on the court for a phone.
- International superstar Bruno Mars uses his WristCam to capture moments from his tour while on the road and uses it to stay connected to his team and security detail while on the move.
Behind WristCam are a 25-strong team of engineers and entrepreneurs based in Silicon Valley and Israel and developed a full-stack computer vision platform built on multiple technology breakthroughs. With the hardware validated by a growing base of active users, WristCam is now a software development play. The software has evolved to make possible some very powerful personal protection features that are about to be released to the public, initiating a new phase of growth for the company.
- Protect, a standalone Personal Protection iPhone/Android App based on the Wristcam software engine, will be launched this quarter. Protect is expected to be both an independent revenue source from monthly App subscriptions and a driver for WristCam hardware sales. It taps into powerful use cases for women, children, people of color and LGBTQ that also resonates with major influencers, the press and the general public. The App leverages live video streaming and geolocation to prevent potential emergencies and stress situations before they happen and materially improves the 911 emergency response if an emergency actually ensues.
- Protect Silver is shaping-up to be an even bigger opportunity, offering Active Seniors a game-changing personal safety product with a monthly subscription that includes a free Apple Watch, a free Wristcam, the Protect App, a cellular subscription and a safety operator service that can guide seniors through minor emergencies and call 911 on their behalf while improving 911 response times by the sharing of a distressed caller’s live sound, video and data environment.
Wristcam has the potential to generate hundreds of millions in revenue with only minor penetration levels of the world’s expanding base of 150 million Apple Watches.